Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Weathering the Storm...

It’s funny how God works sometimes. It never really seems to be the way “I would do it”. There is so many that walk through a storm only to be hit with another before they had time to catch their breath. As an outsider, one may think, “now come on…isn’t enough a enough?” But the issue is not really about how often or even how big the storm is; It’s actually about the one who has ultimate control over the seas.

As I was talking to Him today, I allowed myself to ask some pretty big questions. He is our Father and it pleases Him to be invited into every part of our life…even the parts that we would just assume not have. Just as I begin to ask Him if my upcoming season involved more then I was ready for, I heard the song “Praise you in the Storm” by Casting Crowns. The lyric go like this:

I was sure by now
God you would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say “Amen”, and it’s still raining
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as You mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will life my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm
I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can’t find You
As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away
I lift my eyes unto the hills

I have heard that song many times. But something fresh fell on my heart. I felt like He was saying, “Do I not hold the same power as I did when I held the weight of the world? Would I really allow you to go through something alone? Only in faith will you receive what I accomplished in death…please don't question my plan. Just be still and know...”

No comments:

Post a Comment