Thursday, September 17, 2009

Okay, now that the shock of doing this has worn off a bit, I thought I would tell you why I titled it One More Round. I was personally inspired by the song called One More Round by the Barlow Girls. It is basically a description of how life sometimes beats us down and how God's power can help pull us back up.

My life has been a roller coaster of emotions. I have sat in the valley, fallen into pits, climbed up the slopes, and perched on the peaks. Some of my pain came from my own disobedience and some from the consequence of living in a fallen world. But the last eight months have been nothing short of God's guiding hand pushing me to be as He created me to be and not as I saw myself. I have had moments of unmistakable joy and unexpected sorrow...but I would not take any of them back for an instant. I now understand what it means to go from one glory to another glory. There cannot be growth without change and there usually cannot be change without trusting God through the unseen journey.

So, my hope is that this is a place that allows you to not only give a voice to your situation, but to glorify your Father in the process and hopefully find some encouragement in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment