Monday, September 28, 2009

Just hanging in there isn’t enough anymore

Today as talking to a close friend, this word picture entered my thought. I saw a high wire rope in the air, me positioned in the middle, and God’s hand reaching from above holding onto my outstretched arm. Then down below I saw the Valley of Despair on my left and the Valley of Self-Righteousness on my right. This picture pretty much sums up life as I know it. Every time I take back a part of me that I have previously surrendered, it’s like I have just let go of the pole that keeps me balanced and the chance of me falling greatly increases. If by some chance, I am able to steady myself for a few seconds, I usually find that I take my eyes off of Him long enough to look down, which always results in fear and the inability to move forward. Thankfully, He never leaves His stance so I am able to get back up and start over if in fact I do fall, but it is never without acquiring additional bumps and bruises.

This tangible reminder helps me see that I need to deliberately seek His presence in order to remain steady. It may seem like we are moving incredibly slow at times, but I am certain that the speed is for my benefit and not His.

No comments:

Post a Comment