Wednesday, December 9, 2009

In the Eye of the Storm

What does spiritual transformation look like? I believe it looks different depending on the person. This may be because there are different things that need to take place in each person’s life before they are equipped to carry out their intended purpose. The real question is how will those within that person’s life react to the transformation? This for me has been the hardest part. Those who should love with unconditional amounts are left not understanding and therefore in position to interpret this change as they always have. When they look to this change with the perception that you are as you have been in the past, they are left reacting instead of actually seeing. They completely miss the realities of what is actually being said to hear things that is twisted into another meaning all together.

As this has been my life for a month now, I need to give praise where it is due. God has supplied me with such strength where my typical weakness would have immerged. I am a person who would have fought to the death to get my point across. But God is teaching me that sometimes it is best to stay authentic when asked and quiet when judged. It really wouldn’t matter what words came from my mouth unless they were the ones that the other person wanted to hear. But in that cycle of trying to be who they wanted me to be, I would internalize my position, which devastated any hope of change.

So in the mists of misinterpretation and utter untruths being said about my name I thank God for taking me into His word to find peace. I thank those who do know me and stand by me.

As I have recently told a friend, “I don’t know where He is taking us but I have to admit that I am a bit shocked by the route we are taking to get there. I do however, have complete faith in our Guide”. So I will rest in that and pray continuously for those around me to see the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment